UTS Programming Competition 2012
From ProgSoc Wiki
The 2012 Programming Competition, sponsored by Google, will see entrants race the clock to solve a small number of problems over four hours. The problems will range from simple problems, to more challenging problems. A free pizza lunch will be provided on the day!
The free competition is open to all UTS students (from any faculty) and Progsoc members. We encourage both beginners and more experienced programmers to compete. Entrants may enter as individuals, or as teams of two or three. Prizes will be awarded to the best individuals and teams.
The competition will be held on:
- 11 August 2012 at 10.30am - 3:30pm EST
The room location is:
Competition programming languages:
Marking of answers:
- Only the output of your code will be assessed for correctness. However, the judges will be looking at all submitted code to ensure ...
Individuals and teams can register their interest at [link].
We will be hosting an information session to provide more information about the competition. We will also be going through examples of problems.
Who Can Enter
- Current UTS students
- Both undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible
- Students from ALL faculties are welcome
- Progsoc members
Prizes for the winning individuals and teams include:
- Sponsorship for the prestigious IBM ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (UTS team only)
- Snuggies (perfect for keeping warm in winter!)
- A tour of the awesome Google's Sydney office and the opportunity to speak to successful Google-ers
- Entrants will have a total of 3 hours to solve as many problems as possible.
- Entrants are free to leave the room at any time for breaks.
- The time will not be paused for lunch breaks.
- Printed reference materials may be taken into the room.
Write a program that adds all the natural numbers (i.e. positive integers) below one thousand that are multiples of 3 or 5.
[need a problem here]